I started The Hard Copy because I found it frustrating that there was so much information asymmetry in the brand-building ecosystem in India. There was no single point of reference for anyone trying to build a brand today. The Hard Copy aims to be that resource for marketers, entrepreneurs, investors, designers, product folk and agencies who are building brands in a multi-experience world.
- Brands grow in many different ways over their lifetimes. Sometimes, only through changes in product. Other times, only through paid advertising. There is no one-size-fits-all formula. It is a journey that requires constant experimentation.
- The divide between offline and online customer behaviour is artificial. Customers now live in a multi-experience world – from voice to touch, text to video. Any brand experience must take this into account.
- The number of channels will increase exponentially. You do not need to be an expert in all – but you need a basic understanding of them.
- Design is foundational, not an add-on.
- Data is important, but knowing how to interpret it is even more important
The Hard Copy is for and by practitioners. Our focus is on the intersects between design, technology, data, product and brand. We will always attempt to behind the scenes to uncover the ‘how’ – at the end of every story, you must feel like you have discovered something new, something that will add value to your career or your life.
We will soon launch our paid membership community, THC Pro, so we can all share and learn about what it takes to build a brand in India today. Send us a mail if you want to an update when we launch at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, feel free to mail me directly at email@example.com
Meeta Malhotra, Founder, The Hard Copy